Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Natural Deodorants

It sounds like a ridiculous thing to be, but I am allergic to the majority of antiperspirants. I am not exactly sure which component causes the reaction (I think aluminium may be the culprit) but whenever I use a standard drugstore deodorant my underarms are a horrible blotchy, lumpy, red mess. I have found a couple of deodorants (2 of which are apparently antiperspirants!) which I have found work a treat, so thought I would share my findings with those of you who may be equally sensitive or are just looking for a more natural alternative!



Now I don think we can sing The Body Shop's praises more highly, we are in love with pretty much all of their products and they struggle to make a wrong move. I picked up their aloe deodorant when I was looking for some skincare and thought I would give it a go as so many before had not worked I thought this could do no harm. This I love as it worked super well during my 3 months in the American heat this summer without the need for reapplication, which is pretty awesome! It comes in the form of a rollerball and can sometimes produce a lot of the product when applied but dries relatively quickly. 

The La Vanilla deodorants are something that I have heard and seen a lot about from various trips to sephora and other beauty blogs. This does have a pretty hefty price tag ($14) but I thought I would give it a go to see what all of the hype was about. This deodorant comes in a solid stick form and the formula is a soft and smooth on application and doesn't leave a sticky residue which is great as nobody wants deodorant residue on their clothes! I love that this comes in a range of scents as well. I picked up vanilla grapefruit and I will definitely be trying out a few more of their scents when we next head stateside.

The final one that I am loving is by Rituals which again is a brand that I have not given particular attention to until i received this in a Glossy Box. I don't even think I knew they did bodycare which is definitely exciting for future purchases! Even though with this I am slightly counteracting what I said at the beginning ( regarding being allergic to an ingredient in antiperspirants) i have had no reaction to this as this states that it is mild and calming. Out of all 3 this is probably my favourite scent and lasts really well throughout the day.

I highly recommend all three of these deodorant and as there are 3 different types you are bound to find one that suits you best. The only one that cannot be purchased in the UK is the La Vanilla one but it can be purchased online from Sephora.

Love 
Fiona
X




No comments:

Post a Comment