Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

First Impressions: MAC Maleficent

More often than not I find myself lusting over all the new beautiful collections that come out. And the MAC Maleficent collection was no different. I am waiting patiently in anticipation for the release of the movie as the trailers are fantastic and I genuinely believe this is the role Angelina Jolie was made for! But anyway, back to what we are all here for... the makeup!!


Obviously, to my disappointment I was too late and by the time I got onto the MAC website, it had all sold out. But when scanning selfridges online, I saw that they had the MAC collection in stock. So I picked up the Natural Beauty Powder and the Sculpting Powder.


Now I am such a fan of contouring. I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect shade, and bar a couple of bronzers which I found which work perfectly as contour shade, the general consensus is that they run too orange, too shimmery and just not right for sculpting out those cheekbones. So it was about time I invested in a product specifically for contouring! This is such a beautiful contouring shade, perfectly matte, which is going to define your cheeks and just give your face such form. It's quite cool toned brown so there is none of that orangey-ness to it, and I like that it comes in compact packaging, as most bronzer packaging is very bulky. All in all a gorgeous product that I can tell I am going to get a lot of use from!


Next up we have the Natural Beauty Powder. It is a soft peachy toned powder,  that has a natural sheen to it, but nothing overly shiney or glittery. I like to use this powder as either a highlighter, or as a finishing powder. I find this pwder gives me such a beautiful radiance, and just an all round healthy glow to my face.


I love both of these products and it saddens me that they are only limited edition! But keep your eyes peeled on selfridges, or MAC as sometimes they release the limited edition products into their normal line *cough*lightscapade*cough*.

love
Amber
x

No comments:

Post a Comment